October 14 - October 23
Join us in gratitude and race YOUR way in the third annual Great EpisGOpal Race virtual race to support the 2022 UTO Ingathering and Episcopal Migration Ministries. Anytime between October 14 – 23, choose your preferred mode and distance and race to raise money for EMM’s Neighbor to Neighbor and UTO’s 2023 grant cycle, focused on the worldwide incarceration crisis. You can bike a 10K, run a half marathon, or skate a mile—the options are limitless. Let’s race together in gratitude!
An Invitation from Presiding Bishop Curry
**Please note: Neighbor to Neighbor is a program that provides training and support to congregations and groups sponsoring asylum seekers. Individuals seeking asylum do not receive the same benefits and services as refugees who are assisted through the U.S. Refugee Resettlement program.
How It Works:
1. Choose your location. This race is virtual, meaning you can compete from anywhere in the world! You can hike a mountain in Switzerland, cycle around your neighborhood, or run a marathon in your house.
2. Choose your time. The race takes place from October 14 – 23. Race at a time that works for you.
3. Choose your mode. We are joining together in gratitude for our bodies. Move in a way that makes you happy – run, bike, swim, hike, paddle board, martial arts, the options are endless.
4. Any distance. Whether you want to set your personal record or take a stroll around your neighborhood, this race is for you. 1 mile, 5k, marathon, or anywhere in between, you choose!
Ways to Participate
1. Race. Join in gratitude, grab your sneakers, and move your body. We invite you to take this time to celebrate yourself.
2. Fundraise. You can choose to fundraise for UTO, EMM, or both! 100% of the funds raised for UTO will support the Ingathering, which will fund grants focused on the worldwide incarceration crisis. Funds raised for EMM will support their Neighbor to Neighbor program, which was founded by a UTO grant.
3. Create a team. Invite folks from your parish, diocese, province, or beyond to race with you and start a team on the race page.
4. Challenge. Think your team can raise the most money or go the furthest distance? Challenge another team and see who wins!
UTO + EMM
This year’s Great EpisGOpal Race is building on 20 years of partnership between the United Thank Offering and Episcopal Migration Ministries. Funds from this race will support EMM’s Neighbor to Neighbor Program, which received a UTO grant in 2021.
About Neighbor to Neighbor
Through Neighbor to Neighbor, Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM) directly trains and provides ongoing support to faith communities who serve as community sponsors for asylum seekers (Track 1) or Afghan arrivals (Track 2, in partnership with the Sponsor Circle Program for Afghans). Community sponsors welcome their new neighbors by offering friendship, fostering community connections, and providing practical support such as housing, assistance in accessing services and navigating the community, enrolling children in school, supporting adults in learning English, securing employment, and more.